Did you notice anything new during online train ticket booking from IRCTC or any other app? It may be because IRCTC has introduced some new set of rules for people using the websites or applications to book their train tickets.
And if you are planning to journey on a train, it is essential that you understand the updates beforehand. The Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation has introduced the passengers to complete a verification process.
That is, they have to validate their phone number and emails. They can only book their tickets once the verification process is complete. Although it is an added step in the online train ticket booking process, it does not take long.
Trainman also has incorporated the new feature that is needed for the verification. As a renowned IRCTC partner that facilitates train ticket booking, PNR status check, train availability, etc., it functions like the IRCTC site, but only better.
Steps to book your train ticket
Although being the easiest way to book your tickets, online train ticket booking can be tricky for some people. Everyone has a smartphone today, but not all are equally savvy. It is imperative to understand the process before you actually book the tickets.
Otherwise, the portal might close, and you would have to begin again. Trainman application cum website offers a list of steps that you can follow while seeing and booking the tickets. The following is a detailed list that will help you confirm your tickets smoothly.
1. The first step is to visit the app or website. Application is much recommended because then the information can be available to you with much ease.
2. When you have downloaded the app successfully, you can see the page where you need to enter places from where you will board and leave the train.
3. After that, the Trainman application will show a list of all the trains that run on the route, and you can choose what is the best one for you.
4. Once done, you need to add the traveler’s details, including name, age, gender, city, state, phone number, etc.
5. The next step takes you to the payment gateway, where you have to choose the method of payment. The options for online train ticket booking generally are debit or credit card, internet banking, or UPI. The gateway is secured, and you can trust Trainman with your money.
6. After the payment, you will have to enter your original IRCTC username and password. Without this, you cannot book the tickets. IRCTC is the only body that can issue and book tickets. So, you need to have an account on the same.
7. Once the IRCTC account is validated with a one-time password, you will be redirected to the home page. Then, the app will send you the ticket confirmation mail and text on the registered email and phone number.
Verification of phone and email
The internet is a conducive medium until there are some bugs that damage the whole process. This is an excellent issue during online train ticket booking from IRCTC and its partner apps. That is why the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation introduced an extra step to avoid inconvenience for both the passengers and the servers.
You can verify yourself in the following manner.
1. When you have logged in to the IRCTC portal, you will be redirected to a new window.
2. It will ask you to fill in the email and phone number that you entered while creating the IRCTC account.
3. After entering both, you will have to click on the button that will send an OTP.
4. You will have to wait until you receive the OTP. Then you have to enter them in the dialogue box.
5. Remember to check if both the OTPs received are identical or not.
6. Once the portal recognizes your OTP, your verification is finally complete.
Earlier, you only had to wait after entering the phone number and email. But after the new rule comes in, you cannot move forward until the verification is complete.
Verification has become extremely important while online train ticket booking to avoid redundancy. This rule was introduced because of covid. For people who did not book a train ticket for a long time during the pandemic, verifying their email and phone number became essential. So, even if the account was blocked, it could be reactivated with the process.
Trainman is a renowned partner of IRCTC to facilitate online train ticket booking for passengers. So, it also follows the same set of rules. The only difference is that the interface is much smoother, and it works faster. So, if you wish to book your train tickets without waiting for long, you can definitely use Trainman.