Though New York is indeed a great destination spot for families with children because there is so much to see and do, it can be an overwhelming place to explore with kids. New York is filled with an amazing number of world-class museums, zoos, parks and restaurants that your kids must simply experience. If you are planning a trip with your kids make sure to visit New York because you will be dazzled by all the fun things that keeps your kids fully engaged and amazed.Yes, there are dozens of exciting things to do with your kids and they will never be bored in this city.
Travel tips for visiting New York with children:
1. It is surprising to note that New York consistently ranks as one of the safest city in the world. Even though the safety record is considerably high make sure to use your camera and take a photo of your kid to ID them. This will help you to track them in case they disappear in the middle of the big city.
2. New York is indeed stuffed with fun activities to keep your kids busy and engaged. Go fishing at Harlem Meer, take a horse tour, visit the polar bears at the Central Park Zoo, play in the animal themed playgrounds of the Riverside Park, walk to the center of the Brooklyn bridge or skate, bowl or hit balls at the Chelsea Piers sports complex.
3. Taking them for a visit to the museum can be an enriching and entertaining experience. You can take them on weekends where guided tours are divided into age appropriate groups to facilitate them to easily understand the modern and contemporary art.
4. Make sure to take your kids swimming suit with you when traveling to New York. Almost all big hotels in New York city have temperature controlled swimming pools where your kids can have a delightful experience. If your kids cannot swim well make sure to take the inflatable armbands with you.
Kids friendly activities in New York City:
1. Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum: Snag some Intrepid Museum tickets early in your trip and take your kids to see the extensive collection of military aircrafts, the first space shuttle and a number of interactive exhibits.
2. New York has innumerable zoos and aquariums that your kids will love to explore. The Bronx zoo showcases 600 species from across the world. Your kids will love spending a whole day amidst the animals.
3. Take a break from the busy streets by strolling through Central Park.
4. Introduce your kids to the magic of Broadway. Shows like Annie, The Lion King and Mathilda The Musical are sure to entertain as they bring loved children’s stories to life in a big way.
5. Besides the above New York features a host of free events, activities and amusements for kids of all ages. For this purpose just log into NYC.com to find which activity best fits your child.
If you are planning a trip to New York with your kid make sure to strike a balance between what you child desires to see and do and what you think that he/she should see and do. In this way you can make a trip to New York an unforgettable experience for your child.