As first time parents, it can be both exciting and nerve-wrecking when your child reaches the age wherein they will start schooling. Of course, you want to give them the best that you could to ensure that they will have a great future. But of course, there are many factors to consider. Preschool is important since this introduces the concept of education and going to school for your kids. This is the first time that you will let them be on their own even for a few minutes. In this article, we will share some tips that will help you in choosing a preschool for your kid.
- Decide what your goal is – as parents, you are definitely the best judge in terms of what your child needs. Do you want them to develop their social skills or are you more leaning towards rigorous academic programme for them? You should consider your child’s personality to see what programme will suit them best.
- Compile a list of schools near you – once you’ve figured out your goal for your child, you should then list down and explore the top-notch global montesorri schools and even other preschools near you. It is indeed important to take into consideration the distance of the school from your home and the travel time. You do not want your kids to travel too far as this might be too tiring for them.
- Check out school’s philosophy and programmes offered – you should check different programmes being offered by the school and see if they are aligned with your goals in mind. It is also important to know the school’s mission, vision and philosophy to ensure that your kid is in good hands.
- Check how long is a school day – going to preschool can be a big adjustment for the kids especially if this is the first time that they will be away from you and from home, even for a short period of time. Thus, it is important to see how long the school day will be. Some schools offer half day classes or just a few hours since they do not want to overwhelm the kids. You should also choose a schedule fit for you and your kid.
- How many children per class – smaller number of students per class can be ideal so the teacher can focus on each kid. Also, big class can be too much for some kids – too loud, too crowded and too rowdy.
- Do a site visit on your own – it is ideal to visit the school alone first so you can focus on checking out the vicinity and the facilities. Also, this is so you can ask all your questions without any distraction.
- Bring along the kid on your next visit – once you’ve narrowed down your choices, you can bring your kid along on your next visit so they can see and feel the vibe of the school. It is best to see how they react. And also to slowly introduce to them that they will be attending school very soon.
Following the above-mentioned tips will help you choose the best preschool for your kiddo. You should also always check with your children how their day was at school – if they are having fun and making friends and other stuff. All in all, it is your child’s welfare that is important.